Skip to main content

Limited Edition Snack Spotlight :: Clear Coca Cola

It is no secret to those who know me that I have a *slight* addiction to Diet Coke. Back in Canada I typically drink a can a day. I like fizzy drinks in general, I find the bubbles keep me from drinking it quickly and I can savour the drink over a longer period of time. During the summer, when the Summer Drink Days promotion from McDonalds happens, I drink even more Diet Coke. It's not something I'm particularly proud of but when it comes to vices...I figure it's not so bad.

There is no Diet Coke in Japan so I've switched to Coke Zero. It, and Sprite Zero, are some of the few zero calorie sodas in Japan. I like the bubbles, I don't need the extra calories. Though my family will be proud to know that I've reduced my drinking by a lot. While I used to have a can a day I now go through a large bottle every few weeks and I don't drink it daily.

For the summer I noticed they had a special Coca Cola drink though....Coca Cola clear! It's lemon flavoured, clear as water and zero calorie. I would try it even if it weren't zero calories but I knew with this added bonus it might become a favourite.

It did indeed taste like Diet Coke with lemon. It was delicious. I'm going to be seeking out more bottles of the stuff!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramen Reviews :: Maru-Chan Shoyu Ramen

Another look at some Maru-Chan ramen. This time the Shoyu (soy sauce) flavour. I enjoy shoyu ramen because it's got a less oily texture in comparison to tonkatsu ramen. This was no exception to that rule. It was definitely less oily than the previous ramens. It had a nice soy flavour to it. The noodles were thicker and I enjoyed their firm texture. They had a nice chewiness to them. I dolled up my bowl of ramen with a hardboiled egg, boy choi, carrots and bean sprouts. I split the noodles and broth in half to make two meals from it as I typically do. One package is a bit lower in calories than the previous ones. A package is 340 calories, 66g of carbohydrates, 4g of fat, 10g of protein and 2,300 mg of sodium. Instant ramen is always going to be high in sodium which is why it's important to be mindful and not eat it frequently. Also to dress it up with as many veggies and good things as you can!!

Ramen Review :: Nisshin King Tantanmen Ramen

Another ramen review! This time some Tantanmen ramen. Tantanmen is a noodle dish that originated in China as dandan noodles. It's supposed to be very spicy but that isn't typically part of Japanese cuisine so Japanese versions of this dish tend to be vastly less spicy than the Chinese original. The texture of these noodles was much like my first review of the tonkatsu ramen, thinner and less chewy. I liked them a lot. They were a nice noodle. The sauce packets were a powder and also an oil packet. The oil packet was supposed to be spicy...it wasn't spicy. I like spicy food a lot. I enjoy a lot of Korean foods that are spicy, including Korean fire noodles. So I was hoping this tantanmen ramen would be spicy but it was just...a hint of spice. Just a hint. The tiniest of hints. I was disappointed with that. The powder packet had little bits of meat in it which left the broth feeling a little chunky. It was nice but still oily. I padded out the recipe with some ba...

Limited Edition Snack Spotlight: Takenoko no Sato

Limited Edition Flavour Here we have the first snack spotlight. I bought this a couple of months ago and I've already eaten them but I took a photo for the sake of remembering. This special, limited edition flavour, is Honey Butter. Takenoko no Sato are a chocolate and biscuit snack made by meiji. Typically they look like the below image. A chocolate that's slightly darker than milk chocolate and an airy biscuit. They're very addictive to snack on. Original flavour Unfortunately I no longer have the box so I can't include any more nutritional information and how much was inside the box. So we'll move on to the special edition description. Honey butter was a very, very popular flavour of chip/crisp in South Korea while I lived there. Korea preferred more sweet chips that I was used to back in Canada. However, it had never crossed my mind to have Honey Butter as a chocolate flavour. I was very, very hesitant about these but I knew I had to give them a tr...