Skip to main content

Ramen Reviews :: Maru-Chan Shoyu Ramen

Another look at some Maru-Chan ramen. This time the Shoyu (soy sauce) flavour.
I enjoy shoyu ramen because it's got a less oily texture in comparison to tonkatsu ramen. This was no exception to that rule. It was definitely less oily than the previous ramens. It had a nice soy flavour to it. The noodles were thicker and I enjoyed their firm texture. They had a nice chewiness to them.
I dolled up my bowl of ramen with a hardboiled egg, boy choi, carrots and bean sprouts. I split the noodles and broth in half to make two meals from it as I typically do.

One package is a bit lower in calories than the previous ones. A package is 340 calories, 66g of carbohydrates, 4g of fat, 10g of protein and 2,300 mg of sodium. Instant ramen is always going to be high in sodium which is why it's important to be mindful and not eat it frequently. Also to dress it up with as many veggies and good things as you can!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramen Review :: Nisshin King Tantanmen Ramen

Another ramen review! This time some Tantanmen ramen. Tantanmen is a noodle dish that originated in China as dandan noodles. It's supposed to be very spicy but that isn't typically part of Japanese cuisine so Japanese versions of this dish tend to be vastly less spicy than the Chinese original. The texture of these noodles was much like my first review of the tonkatsu ramen, thinner and less chewy. I liked them a lot. They were a nice noodle. The sauce packets were a powder and also an oil packet. The oil packet was supposed to be spicy...it wasn't spicy. I like spicy food a lot. I enjoy a lot of Korean foods that are spicy, including Korean fire noodles. So I was hoping this tantanmen ramen would be spicy but it was just...a hint of spice. Just a hint. The tiniest of hints. I was disappointed with that. The powder packet had little bits of meat in it which left the broth feeling a little chunky. It was nice but still oily. I padded out the recipe with some ba...

Adult Corner :: StyleOne Shine Malt

I like light beer. I just do. I also like low calorie beer. I can't help it. I like to get some bang for my buck but I also like to balance my caloric intake. I am a food tracker and that means finding a balance of what I eat. So Japan is a bit of a haven for me in terms of low calorie beer. There's tons of selection! My favourites are Kirin's Green Label and Asahi Style free. Both have low calories (28 and 24 calories per 100 mL) but still a nice 4% alcohol percentage (pretty standard for beer). They're also light and refreshing. I enjoy having them over the weekend, especially on Friday after a long day of work. The other day I was perusing the alcohol aisle at my local grocery store and noticed there are...lots of other low calorie beers available. Now that I started this blog I told myself ' You should try some of these '. So I grabbed a few. I started with, what is possibly, one of the worst beers I have ever had! Though I tried it first because I h...